Friday, October 29, 2010

JDRF Walk This Sunday

On Sunday I'm going to be walking on my 9-year old's team in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Walk for a Cure.  Since his diagnosis about 2 months ago I have learned alot.

The short summary is that my son, and all other type-1 diabetics, have to check their blood glucose level throughout the day and inject insulin.  For him that means at least 4 injections and 6 finger pricks a day.  Some days it is much more than that.  It also means that he has to closely watch and measure everything he eats.

He has not complained.  He has not asked why me.  He has not said that it isn't fair.

The support that we have received from our friends and family have been amazing. Thank you.  We're all looking forward to the walk.

Todd

No comments: