There are things that you can do to prepare for VMworld:
- Pre-register for the sessions that you are interested in
- Read the press about new products that are going to be announced.
- Dedicate blocks of time to spend in the Hands on Labs
- Get comfortable shoes
- Pre-register for after hours events
- Join the VMworld Socialcast and get connected
Kong and I have also talked about preparing for VMworld on the last two episodes of So Say SMEs.
But when the whole things start rolling on Sunday night, and then the conference really officially starts on Monday morning, the best plans only go so far. So don't get too caught up in planning and just be prepared to go with the flow (which means cram in as many sessions, blogs, tweets, meet-ups, beers, videos, and expo surfing as possible).